vxi-discuss

RE: [vxi] [2.0] Bug: Milliseconds in log?

Hi,
I am tryiong to build and install gcc2.95.3 and libstdc++ 2.90.8 and it does
not give any error.But ehen I check file libstdc++.* it does not show me any
file in system. Can you tell me what I missed.

I could not find modification in libstdc++ which you mentioned the mail.
May be thats problem. Can you tell me where those are. ( Exact location or
copy/paste will work if possible).
My ultimate goal is to build openvxi 2.0.

I am using solaris 8. Any help is appreciated.
Its very urgent so fast response will be more appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Subhash Agrawal

>From: Pieter Winter <pieter.winter@group2000.nl>
>To: "'Erol Akarsu'" <eakarsu@cmguc.com>
>CC: "'vxi-discuss@speechinfo.org'" <vxi-discuss@speechinfo.org>
>Subject: RE: [vxi] [2.0] Bug: Milliseconds in log?
>Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:06:49 +0100
>
>Hi Erol,
>
>Summarizing, I did the following to run OpenVXI2.0 on Solaris 8:
>
>I have started with a 'clean' system, installed the necessary binaries to
>compile (gcc 2.95.3) and compiled (from the source) gcc 2.95.3 and
>libstdc++
>2.90.8 (some modifications were required, as described on gnu gcc site) and
>installed it. It is required to use -fhonor-std on 2.95.3 (this is no
>longer
>supported on gcc 3.0.2). Without it, basic_stringstream<wchar_t> does not
>compile.
>
>Followed the instructions on compiling the libraries. Made some
>modifications. Did not yet make the libraries use -h option (which I will
>need to add probably later on):
>
>xerces: used
>	./runConfigure -psolaris -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nfileonly -tnative
>there are some "thread" related options, but I have not used them yet.
>Don't
>know if I need to (probably not). Don't know if -cgcc and -xg++ are
>necessary, but an (uninstalled) cc is present in the path which could foul
>things up.
>
>javascript:
>1.	Uncomment NS_USE_NATIVE from config.mk
>2.	Replace AS=as with AS=/usr/ccs/bin/as in config/SunOS5.5.mk, to
>force us of native Sun assembler. Apparently, GNU's as does not work.
>
>libwww: no special modifications
>
>OpenVXI2.0:
>1.	from src/jsi/Makefile.in and src/client/Makefile.in, change
>Linux_All_OPT
>	to SunOS5.8_OPT
>2.	./configure CXXFLAGS=-fhonor-std CPPFLAGS=-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
>	-fhonor-std is for correct g++ behaviour
>	-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS is for correct ctime_r
>3.	Add std:: before string in one of the inet files
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>	Pieter

This page is maintained by Alan W Black (awb@cs.cmu.edu)
speechinfo.org is hosted on a machine donated by VA Linux Systems
VA Linux Systems