From: Brian Eberman [mailto:brian.eberman@speechworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 9:15 AM
To: vxi-discuss@metronomicon.com
Subject: RE: Prompt interface question

The semantics of the design are that the call is non-blocking and it is the responsibility of the platform to fetch the prompt via HTTP and then actually queue the prompt.  Wait is blocking and can be used to return error conditions.  The other blocking call is Recognize in the VXIrec interface.

To get finer grain control the interface is extended for release 1.5 which should be out soon.  The prompt interface will have a Play and Queue.  Queue is still non-blocking but doesn't trigger the play.  Play start the play and is non-blocking. Again Wait returns error conditions.

I've attached the proposed interface for comments.
Brian Eberman
SpeechWorks