vxi-discuss

Re: Can not build for Windows NT

Steve -
    How did you try to build?  Can you give specific error messages?  Did you download the Xerces and SpiderMonkey packages as described in the build instructions?

    The makefiles may be for Linux, but the Makefile.NT files are designed for Microsoft's nmake and should work fine.

As a note to Emma, you should not need Administrator privileges to build on NT, nor should you need root access to build in Unix.  If you found otherwise it may be an issue with your configuration that prevents you from compiling at all.

Derek

--
S. Derek Seabury
Marketing Manager, Emerging Technologies

This page is maintained by Alan W Black (awb@cs.cmu.edu)
speechinfo.org is hosted on a machine donated by VA Linux Systems
VA Linux Systems